Wednesday 2 March 2011

Making my magazine

Firstly i opened my picture in to Abdobe Photoshop which is the program i used to create the magazine front cover. I then added the first main piece of the text which is the title of the magazine 'Horror Monthly'. I have made the size of the text of the word Horror slightly larger than the Monthly. And i think it fits in well. I used the font 'Ultra Serif SF'. It is quite a blunt text which works well with the theme of the magazine as it would not be very effective if the text was curvy and 'girly'. I chose the colour white for this as i think it stands out very clearly, and it is very important that this piece of text in particular is very clear.
Here i have added the name of our film 'Birdman' i have chosen the colour that both Kirsty and I chose for the colour of the name of the film and the style of text which is Half Dark BTN.

Here i have now begun to add the text surrounding the name of our film, giving information on the release date etc. I have chosen the colour black so that the 'Birdmna' stands out even more. I am going to dot the text around 'Birdman' and i have also made some of it italic because i think it looks attractive.

Here i have added some text about an interview with the model of the front cover and star of the film Georgia Lateo. I have made this text quite large and in this colour grey to add a bit of a change in colour to black and white.
I have also added the word 'exclusive' above it to show that it is an exclusive interview, attracting readers to buy the magazine and find out about the film and trailer, all part of advertising.




Here i have added text at the top of the page about the 'limited edition' magazine. I have chosen to make the text grey to match the rest of the colour in order to keep a consistent colour scheme. I have however made the '*' and the '112' (the issue number) in red to again keep with the colour scheme but also add some colour. I think that it looks best at the top of the page and i took this from my magazine research where one issue of 'Film' magazine had this at the top in the same place.




I saved a picture of a bar code form google images and here i have imported it to a new file on Photoshop and then selected, copy and pasted it onto my magazine.












I had to create a new layer to paste the image of the image of the bar code. Once i had done this i had to alter the size of the bar code as it was far too large.

I placed it in the bottom right hand corner as there was a perfect space for it and in my research the bottom of the page was a very common place for the bar code to go.








No comments:

Post a Comment